The dream act application assists in finding out California state financial eligibilities of the candidates who will fulfill the suitableness of Assembly Bill 540 or also known as AB540. The applications that fall under this are processed by the CSAC(The California Student Aid Commission). Any sort of aid will be provided only to the entitled California institutions.
The assembly bill was passed in the year 2011. The main goal to pass this law is to allow candidates that are qualified to pay less amount of fees at California’s universities and colleges(Public). There are two options that an applicant can choose from to get the benefit. A person can fill FASFA or dream act application to get the privilege of fewer fees. There is no need to fill out both application forms. The application forms in college will be processed till June 2023.
How to apply for Dream Act Application?
A person can apply for the Dream Act application by following this step-by-step guide cautiously. So, let’s have a look:
- Firstly, the applicant needs to log in to the online portal of the California Dream Act website. This is for the applicants that are returning again to the application form.
- Further, the users that want to initiate a new application have to make a new user ID.
- Moving ahead, fill out the application form. Here is the guide for any sort of query.
- In addition to this, ensure that all the information relating to social security numbers, tax numbers, and all other essential details are accurate.
- Next, the applicant needs to add an electronic signature to the application.
- Moving further, if the candidate is dependent then, a parent’s signature is to be added. However, if he/she is independent then skip this step.
- Lastly, submit the application form after analyzing all the information once again.
- The applicant will receive an email confirmation regarding the successful submission of the application form.
What are the application Requirements?
Scrutinize the requirements list and ensure that all the points are fulfilled to get entitled to the California dream act application. Let’s see the details:
- The application form should be filled out cautiously.
- All the errors should be corrected before the final submission of the form.
- The applicant must not have filled out the FASFA application form.
- The person must have legal and valid identity proof.
- The candidate should have a social security number(Permanent).
- The educational requirements are vital to be fulfilled.
Who is Eligible?
The candidates who qualify for the below-given list are entitled to the application. These are as follows:
- The applicant that is having a permanent Social Security Number.
- The candidate is not entitled to FASFA.
- The applicant must be pursuing high school or any course that is equivalent to it.
- The candidate should be a resident of the United States.
- The applicant must have completed a bachelor’s degree or any US program for two years course.
- All the educational requirements must be scrutinized and fulfilled.
How much is the dream act application?
The application form to register for the dream act is absolutely free of cost. That is a person need not have to pay any charges for the form. The person who gets qualified for the CAL grant can get around $12,630 every year. The amount is given for four years of your college course.
How to check the California dream act application status?
The application forms are filled out offline and online. After receiving the applications, the authorities analyze all the information. The list of the candidates that are chosen is named on a paper and the list is sent to the schools and universities.
A person can see the current status of the application on an online portal at dream.csac.ca.gov. In case the applicant has filled out the paper form, then he/she has to wait for 28 days to know the status of an application.
Is the dream act still available?
Yes, it is available. Although to get enrolled for this act the due date of the application was April 1, 2022. The applications will be processed till 2023.
When is the dream act application due?
The application forms for the dream act were initiated on October 1, 2021. However, the last date to get enrolled was April 1, 2022. The applications for the form will be processed till June 2023.
Where can I renew my dream act application?
It is quite easy to renew the dream act application form. A person can simply fill out the form at the official portal of the California Dream Act website.
Can dream act students apply for FAFSA?
The candidates who have registered for the dream act do not actually require to get enrolled in the FASFA.
Digital marketer by profession and author by interest. He is the mind behind starting this blog. While surfing the internet, Ajay found that many people are facing problems while filling up the application forms. To overcome this, Ajay decided to start a blog so that users will get proper guidance on how to apply for any online/offline applications.