PTCAS means Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service. This service is provided by the APTA. This is basically a program in which a person can apply for multiple physical therapist courses with just a single application and numerous resources. This is a one-step application form. It is essential that a person should read all the information and details carefully before applying for the PTCAS application. Two reference letters are required to apply for the form so arrange them before proceeding with the application form.
- A person has to spend a specified amount of fees for the PTCAS application.
- An amount of $155 is paid as an initial fee for the first program.
- Additionally, $60 is paid for the extra programs.
- The fees are usually paid with debit and credit cards.
- The fees are paid together with the application form.
- Make sure to read all the application requirements, responsibilities, deadlines, and major dates.
In case a person does not attend the classes for the PTCAS course, he/she will not be allowed to apply for the PTCAS course till the next application time period. Once the candidate has presented the application form, it generally takes five weeks to verify the account. The applications for the PTCAS opened on 15 June 2022 and the deadline for the application is 1 September 2022. A person can fill out the form of the application till 11:59 PM on the last date.
There are many documents needed along with the application form. Ensure that you have all the vital papers along with you at the time of filling out the application form. A person can contact customer care at any time to ask about documents or any other information. An individual can also send a mail at the official email id. To solve the queries, two to three(working) days are generally taken by the institution to resolve.
Who is Eligible for the PTCAS application?
A person must check the eligibility list to get enrolled for the PTCAS application. Read carefully and arrange all the documents and have sufficient scores before you initiate work on the application of the PTCAS. The list is given below:
- The bachelor’s degree the applicant that he/she has enrolled for must be completed by May.
- It is vital that the applicant should have a resume along with work experience, and awards.
- A minimum of 2 reference letters is essential. The letter should be from two different physical therapists and must be sent directly to the PTCAS.
- In verbal it is necessary that the applicant must have 150 or more. Moreover, in qualitative it should be a minimum of 145.
- In PTCAS, 50 observation hours should be earned by the applicant in the physical therapy setting.
- A candidate should clear an interview.
- A course that is related to medical terminology should be cleared.
- A score of 560 is needed for international students in TOEFL.
What are PTCAS Application Requirements?
There are certain requirements that are must-have if the person needs to register for the PTCAS application.
- During the enrollment year, a bachelor’s degree should be completed by May.
- A GRE score of 150 or more than that in verbal. Additionally, a score of 145 or higher in Quantitative.
- A minimum of 50 observation hours in PTCAS is earned from volunteering or employment in the physical therapy setting from the licensed therapist that is providing knowledge and comprehending the physical therapy.
- There is a need for a reference letter(at least 2). Each one of them is from varied physical settings. This should be sent directly to the PTCAS.
- A resume is also required with an attached list of work experience, awards, and honors.
A person can check the new updates regarding anything about PTCAS on the ‘ List of Programs. So ensure that you check the application requirements carefully before working on the application form of PTCAS.
Steps to apply for PTCAS application
The application procedure for the PTCAS is convenient and simple. Let us see all the steps in detail:
- The first step is to visit the application help center and check the application requirements.
- Further, make a new PCTAS application account
- Next, check all the institutions carefully and look at what you want to attend. Click on the “Colleges Attended”.
- A PTCAS transcript matching form is to be printed for all the institutions that you have attended.
- All the official transcripts are to be arranged that are needed to be sent to PTCAS along with the transcript matching form.
- Add all the United States and Canadian college courses that use personal copies for transcripts.
The applicant gets a plethora of benefits from the PTCAS. These are given below:
- It offers a convenient process, where a person can apply for multiple courses with just a single application.
- A standardized application procedure is provided to finish the duplicate data entry.
- Direct access to the application is provided.
- A candidate can inspect the status of the application.
- An online checklist for the individual is also provided to verify all the requirements and see the difficulties in the program.
- A customer care assistance service is provided to all the applicants.
- Applicants can choose to make online payments. Debit and credit both the cards are taken for receiving the fees.
How early should I submit my PTCAS application?
The applications for the PTCAS can be submitted till 1 September 2022. A person is allowed to register herself/himself till 11:59 PM on the last date.
What is the PTCAS application?
PTCAS is known as Physical Therapist Centralized Application Service. This is a service under which an applicant can apply for numerous physical therapist courses with just one application form. The service is provided by the APTA.
How long does it take PTCAS to process the application?
The process of PTCAS application is lengthy and takes much time. Generally, an application of PTCAS takes four to six weeks for processing. The time is estimated so it may fluctuate as per the documentation.
Digital marketer by profession and author by interest. He is the mind behind starting this blog. While surfing the internet, Ajay found that many people are facing problems while filling up the application forms. To overcome this, Ajay decided to start a blog so that users will get proper guidance on how to apply for any online/offline applications.