The Sri Lankan Medical Council (SLMC) offers medical degrees every year. Applicants who wish to apply must know the registration and application process. Individuals must also know their application requirements and eligibility if they want to secure themselves a seat.
The Medical Council of Sri Lanka deals with only medical degrees and other degrees are given by separate boards and councils. Other than medical degrees, the council also supports midwife degrees, para-medical assistants, pharmacists, professionals supplementary of medicine, and temporary registration (under section 67 A).
The registration process is simple for those who wish to apply through their online platform. After completing the login process, fill out the application form.
How to do SLMC Registration?
SLMC registration is mandatory for those who wish to join their medical streams. Entry into their MBBS programs starts with a simple registration process.
The first step in the SLMC registration process is visiting their website.
- After visiting the website search for the registration tab from the upper bar. Click on it and then from the available options, press on the online registration option.
- Press on the provisional registration option when you are about to fill out the medical application form.
- Add your email address, mobile number, and password and also complete the captcha. Once you have checked if every column is filled correctly, click on the Request Registration tab.
To confirm your registration, check your email and phone for verification codes that are sent to your numbers. After filling up the verification code, you will get an intimation that your registration is successful.
How to apply for SLMC Application Online?
After completing your registration, you will be able to log in. Inside your online portal, there are a lot of activities that you can perform. Filling up their application form is one of the processes that you can accomplish from the portal.
Press on the application available and then click to start the SLMC application.
- Include your name, gender, NIC, mobile number, and email address.
- Include your house number, city, and state details in the address segment.
- Include your advanced-level biology and chemistry numbers with your index number and year of passing.
- Include your University degree with the effective passing out date and also the enrollment date.
Submit the SLMC application after you have filled in all the details.
What are the application requirements?
Due to a simple application process, you will just need a few handy stuff to apply. The application requirements of the SLMC application include adding the following;
- Your permanent address must be added to the given space.
- Include your advanced-level degree details including your biology and chemistry marks.
- Add the degree or diploma details including the university name and also the date of joining and also passing out date.
Who is Eligible for SLMC Application?
The eligibility of the individual initially to fill out the application will not require much. You are eligible if you fulfill the following;
- You must be 17 years old as per the norms of the SLMC.
- Individuals will need to get S grades in their Physics, Chemistry, and Biology papers.
- If they are Sri Lankans, they will need to show their identity proofs.
If they are from outside then the applicants need to provide their passport details.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
How to check SLMC application status?
To check the application status, you must log in to your online portal. After logging in, check the application status from the available tabs. Alternatively, you can also call them at +94717412222 to find out about your application status.
What are SLMC contact details?
Get in touch with them at the given telephone number (94717412222) and fax number (+94 112 674 787). You can visit their office at 31, Norris Canal Road, Colombo 10, Sri Lanka.
If you are willing to pursue a medical degree in Sri Lanka, you could refer to this blog post for more information. You could also visit their site to find out the list of countries from where students can apply for their medical degrees in Sri Lanka. There will be separate payment requirements for filling up the application for students from other lands. After paying the fees, you can further go ahead with the application processing.