Army ROTC Scholarship Application 2024 – How to Apply

Army ROTC is a scholarship that is available for all those students who are going to enter college or are already a part of college(studying in college). This scholarship is not based on the applicant’s financial needs but the academic, leadership merit, and athletic. A student can use the scholarship to pay him/her tuition fees and all the obligatory fees.

The scholarship is also used for monthly personal living allowances and for purchasing books for the course. An applicant can also select between tuition fees and cover room and board. As scholarship can be used for one purpose only so an individual can take time and select one(for which he/she money is needed).

What is the Army ROTC Scholarship?

Army ROTC scholarship is for all the students who are pursuing college or will be a part of college soon. They can apply for the scholarship but in case they have good results in academics, have leadership merit, and have commending athletic. It is not a financially based scholarship. There are two categories of scholarship that is :

  1. For high-school seniors—4-year National Scholarships.
  2. For current, and incoming college students—Campus-Based Scholarships(4,3,2 years)
apply for army rotc scholarship

What are the application requirements?

The ground root of this scholarship is not financial needs so let us see all the application requirements in detail:

  • The applicant must be a citizen of the United States.
  • The age of the applicant should be a minimum of 17 and a maximum of 26.
  • The minimum requirement of the GPA is 2.50.
  • The applicant should have a high school diploma or any other that is equivalent.
  • Must be physically fit and should match all the physical standards.
  • Willing to be a part of the army(duty or reserve component) or accept a commission.
See also  NCAT Housing Application Portal - 2024 Quick Guide

Who is Eligible for the Army ROTC Scholarship?

There is a list of attributes that an applicant should have to be a part of the Army ROTC Scholarship. So let’s see:

  1. To get this scholarship, make sure that the applicant is a citizen of the U.S.
  2. The age should not be less than 17 and more than 26.
  3. The individual should have a high school diploma or any other degree/diploma that has the same value. 
  4. The person should be physically fit and should match their standards(physically).
  5. The GPA score should not be less than 2.50.
  6. Must be ready to take duty in the army.

There are two tests conducted for the person to become the part of Army ROTC Scholarship. These are:

  • Personal Interview
  • Medical Examination

Both tests are vital to clear to get the Army ROTC Scholarship.

Steps to apply for army ROTC scholarship application

There are some steps that are to be followed for applying for the army ROTC scholarship application. Check all of them:

  1. Firstly, download all the instructions and see how to make an account ROTC application.
  2. Submit all the high school transcripts and also ACT and SAT scores. 
  3. After the documents, there will be a test that a coach or instructor will conduct.
  4. A person can see the fitness card here.
  5. An interview is conducted, and a person can select the place and can even choose for an online interview, in case the applicant is residing far away.


There are some advantages that the applicant gets along with the army ROTC scholarship. These are:

  • For books and supplies, the candidates get $1200 per year.
  • $420 is given as a stipend per month.
  • The candidate gets full tuition fees and other obligatory fees or can choose room & board and get $10000 per year.
See also  Apply for Scottish Power warm Home discount Application 2024


What does an army ROTC scholarship cover?

The most important thing that is covered in the army ROTC scholarship is all the expenses for education and all other important expenses.

How much does an army ROTC scholarship pay?

The army ROTC scholarship is paid for the complete annual expenses and all the other mandatory expenses or a student can take $10000 to cover room and board.

What is the army ROTC scholarship acceptance rate?

There are around 2500 candidates that took the advantage of an army ROTC scholarship. Out of which 25% were a part of 4-year scholarships and the remaining that is 75% are 3-year scholarship part.

Do the army ROTC scholarship cover room and board?

Yes, the candidate gets $10000 for room and board per year. But a choice is given to the applicant to select between tuition and obligatory fees or room and board. As both of them are not provided.

Leave a Comment