Education is crucial for everyone. However, many students do not study due to several financial issues. Furthermore, these situations occur when they study for top-notch courses, such as medicine or engineering. Therefore, many institutions provide entirely funded education programs to help these children, i.e., scholarships.
Similarly, Horatio Alger Association offers scholarship programs to students where that cover students’ tuition fees. There are still more details to uncover about this scholarship. So, let’s look at its eligibility criteria, requirements, and application process.
How to apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship?
Horatio Alger scholarships provide fees reduction to eligible students. Only undergraduate programs come under this scholarship. Also, students can expect fee coverage of $25,000 under this program. This scholarship benefits 106 American students. Also, the application process for this scholarship is straightforward.
Here’s a detailed application process:
- Go to the ‘scholars.horatioalger.org’ website in any browser.
- Read all the information on the website.
- Scroll down and click on ‘Apply Now.’
- Fill out the eligibility quiz. Provide details such as earnings, and degree information, and confirm your US citizenship.
- Click on Submit.
- Log in or sign up with your account.
- Now, enter your details.
- Upload all the required documents on the portal.
- Tap on ‘Submit.’
What are the Application Requirements?
Students must read all the application requirements before applying to the Horatio Alger Scholarship. The association will only accept your application if your documents are correct or you satisfy all the requirements.
The following are the application requirements:
- Students must produce United States citizenship documents. It should specify that you are American.
- Students must have a high school degree and are also doing a graduation program.
- Candidates should provide a financial document stating their family income is less than $55,000.
- According to the Horatio Alger Scholarship, the student must give an “Integrity and perseverance in overcoming adversity” declaration.
Who is eligible?
Only students satisfying the scholarship’s eligibility criteria get selected. Hence, students must focus on whether they qualify or not.
Below are the eligibility criteria for Horatio Alger Scholarship:
- Students must have completed high school.
- Students must be doing the graduation program by the year 2023 and have completed half.
- You are not enrolled in other courses.
- Students must produce ample financial documents specifying their need for the scholarship.
- FAFSA results are a must for eligibility.
- Eligible students must be under 30 years old.
- Students must be a citizen of the United States.
The eligibility is valid till May 2023 for the academic year 2023-2024.
How do you get a Horatio Alger Scholarship?
Only eligible students will get a Horatio Alger scholarship. Moreover, students must remember that their family’s income should be at most $55,000. Horatio Alger Scholarships are announced on the website mentioned above. Qualifications for various scholarships differ. So, check the requirements well.
You can check the winner’s list and other details on the Horatio Alger Scholarship online portal. Visit the ‘scholars.horatioalger.org’ website and come to the home page. (Ensure that you have signed up at the website.)
Click on the scholarship section and select the following preferences:
- State Scholar
- Career scholar
- Technical scholar
- Specialized scholar
- National scholar
Consequently, the list of all winners will appear on the screen. You are selected for the scholarship if your name appears on the screen. In addition, your state, school, and city name.
Scholarship fund coverage depends on the specific course. For example, the Horatio Alger Scholarship will only provide $10,000 for the Aksarben Scholarship.
The Horatio Alger Award or scholarship is advantageous for students who are dedicated and passionate about their studies. The program also tests the student’s perseverance. As a result, students succeed in their personal and professional lives.
Winners of the Horatio Alger Scholarship receive the lifetime member award and become the Face of Adversity. So, verify the eligibility and requirements and apply for the Horatio Alger Scholarship. The deadline for this scholarship is 15th March 2023 by 5.00 PM ET.
Is the Horatio Alger Scholarship legit?
Horatio Alger Scholarship programs or awards are legitimate. Moreover, students qualifying and receiving the award get additional benefits. It is also known as the nation’s significant scholarship.
Is the Horatio Alger Scholarship renewable?
The Horatio Alger Scholarship is renewable. It applies to students performing exceedingly well and scoring good GPAs in their term.
How much does the Horatio Alger Scholarship give?
The scholarship allocation goes across 50 states of America. Also, the association will provide 106 scholarships. Each scholarship is $25,000. It covers their total tuition fees.
What is the Horatio Alger Scholarship acceptance rate?
The Horatio Alger Scholarship’s acceptance rate needs to be clarified. However, the association offers this scholarship to 106 qualified and passionate American students.
I am the mind behind nammatech.com. I have an experience of more than 8 years in the digital marketing field. The idea behind starting this blog came when one of my friends find it difficult to fill out the application form. So, I came up with an idea to start a blog on this niche.