Rent is forming a major portion of an individual’s income in times of COVID-19. The renting process involves signing a lease with the landlord and agreeing to make payments either once a year/trimester/month. It is creating thus a huge hole in people’s pockets and those without a proper job are finding it hard to find a place for them as eviction is the most common result they are facing.
To prevent eviction, different states are trying to work out a plan in their states whereby the government contributes towards people’s rental amounts regularly.
What is Housingiskey.com?
In California, the COVID-19 rent relief is being arranged by the California Department of Real Estate (DRE) and their official website is www.housingiskey.com.
Currently, the rent relief Housingiskey applications are no longer open but those who receive the funds can prevent themselves from being evicted for a year. If they are already 12 months away from their rents getting paid, they can have the benefits for 15 months instead of 12 months in a row.
How to apply for Housingiskey application?
Housingiskey applications can be filled by both landlords and tenants for the due rent from the tenants. If you want to fill in the applications, you will have to resort to online means to do so.
As per the Californian government, people will not get evicted until 30th June 2024, post which the tenants will need to start paying their rent to prevent eviction. This process applies to people who filed their applications by 31st March.
- Include your personal information and your contact details.
- Post entering personal details, and add your income sources and details in the given segments.
- You will also need to enter your current employment status and your family’s total income annually.
Who is Eligible?
Eligible candidates need to meet the following criteria.
- This facility is available to only Californian citizens or permanent residents of the United States.
- The application will demand you specify the way this COVID-19 pandemic impacted you.
- Your family income payslips for the month previous to the one when you apply need to be updated. It must be 80% of the area’s median income.
- To apply for Housing is the key application, you must be 18 or more.
- You must have received unemployment benefits or experienced a reduction in household benefits during the pandemic.
- In case of rent or eviction notice, you must suffice the same.
- The risk of homelessness or housing instability could be a prominent factor when you can file it.
What are the application requirements?
The Housingiskey application requirement for Housing is a key application that involves fulfilling the following;
|Current pay stubs are essential to add to your application form.
|A rental or lease agreement needs to be submitted.
|Your 2020 tax returns, W2 or 1099-G what you need to file when employed or unemployed.
|Rent statement for the amount that is still not paid as rent.
|For those of you who participated in a subsidy program operated by the Federal government whether CalFresh must be added.
|Include the utility bills and the internet bills that you receive monthly.
|Your tenant must sign and acknowledge the need.
The benefit comes in the form of an amount that compensates in a lot of ways. An individual can receive anywhere from $400 to $4000 on a whole.
FAQs (Frequently asked questions)
How to check Housingiskey application status?
To check the application status for Housingiskey, start by clicking on the link here. You can also call 833-430-2122 to know more about the application status.
How long does the application process take?
It is almost 3 weeks from the time of the Housingiskey application when you will be able to hear back from them about your application status.
Rental payments are mandatory and people need to always make payments to ensure they have a roof over their heads. Those who do not think they can hold this essential need for long must apply for the Housingiskey is based in California.
Digital marketer by profession and author by interest. He is the mind behind starting this blog. While surfing the internet, Ajay found that many people are facing problems while filling up the application forms. To overcome this, Ajay decided to start a blog so that users will get proper guidance on how to apply for any online/offline applications.