This is a financial aid known as Pell Grant which is provided by the federal government to candidates that belong to the lower level income. The main objective of the grant is that the candidate can do his/her undergraduate course. The students who are doing the baccalaureate teacher certification program can also take advantage of this course.
There is no necessity to return the sum(money) as this is not a loan. The foundation has given benefit to many students by giving them grant so that they can continue their studies. The institution was initiated as Basic Educational Opportunity Grant in 1972. The total count of organizations/institutions that are members of this program is around 5400.
There are no fixed amount of funds as it differs every year. The highest that will be given to a student for the year 2022-2023 will be $6895. The actual amount that is given to the student depends on his financial condition.
The grant is given to a student for 18 semesters. Sometimes the grant is hand-over to the students or given to the institution. There are some cases when a mixture of both is also done. The grant is usually provided only once but in case the student wants to continue his academic students then there are chances of eligibility for another grant.
What is Pell Grant?
Pell Grant means giving financial assistance to students who want to do the undergraduate program. This is financial assistance and it is returned back. Different amount is given to all the students and there are certain factors that help in determining the amount of fund:
- School Cost
- Economic Condition of Family
- Total number of family members
- Course(Full-Time or Part-Time)
- Will the student attend school for the whole academic year?
Who is Eligible for Pell Grant Application?
There is an eligibility criterion for the Pell Grant application. Let’s see that below:
- The person should be an eligible U.S. non-citizen or a U.S. citizen.
- The applicant must be doing under graduation.
- The individual should have a diploma(High School) or a GED or have the capability to take advantage of the program.
- The Economic Family contribution that is calculated from the data that is given by the candidate must be less than a certain level.
- The income of all the members of the family should be below $20000.
What are Application Requirements
There are some application requirements that the applicants should know. These are as follows:
- The income of all the family members should not be more than or equal to $20000.
- The student should be a U.S. citizen.
- Must be pursuing the undergraduate course.
- The student must be ready to attend the course for a whole year.
How to Apply for Pell Grant Application 2023?
An applicant can register for the Pell Grant application in three ways. The suitable option can be chosen by the candidate.
- A person can call the FAFSA student aid center and ask them to send you the form via mail. You can complete the form and send it to the given address.
- An applicant can download the FAFSA form and add all the necessary details and send them.
- The form can be filled out online.
There are a few tips that are available on the website so make sure that you read all of them carefully before filling out the FAFSA form. The option that is given at last is the most convenient option. Moreover, this option will be less time-consuming compared to others. There is a column for “FAFSA Follow-up”, where the student can check the “application status”.
Generally, a student comes to know the outcome of the application within two weeks to a month.
There are many advantages that a student gets from the Pell Grant. Some of them are:
- The applicant can continue his undergraduate course without any worry about the fees.
- The student need not have to repay the money that is received from the pell grant.
- If the applicant wants to transfer the funds to another school, then he/she can do that easily.
- There is a chance to get a pell grant once again if the applicant wants to continue his/her studies.
What type of grant is a pell grant?
A Pell grant is provided to students so that they can continue with the undergraduate program, it is an educational program. Financial assistance is given to the student or institution to pursue the course.
Are pell grants automatically accepted?
Yes, once the students have applied for the FAFSA the students will get the opportunity to get the pell grants automatically. A candidate need not have to provide a separate application form or any other procedure.
When are pell grant applications due?
The pell grants for the year 2022-2023 are due by 30 June 2022. So, make sure that you apply early to get the benefits of this grant.
Does FAFSA automatically apply for a Pell grant?
Yes, the FASFA automatically applies for a pell grant. An applicant need not have to register individually for the Pell Grant. A person gets a grant if he/she is eligible for the Pell grant with the same application form.
How is pell grant disbursed?
The disbursement of the pell grant depends on the starting of a particular course. The first installment is paid on the first day of the semester and carries on according.
Digital marketer by profession and author by interest. He is the mind behind starting this blog. While surfing the internet, Ajay found that many people are facing problems while filling up the application forms. To overcome this, Ajay decided to start a blog so that users will get proper guidance on how to apply for any online/offline applications.