Chevening Scholarship is a scholarship program that is usually given to magnificent emerging leaders that want to pursue a master’s degree that is of one year in the UK. The scholarship is for all the individuals who have passion, and ideas and also want to influence others to give solutions. A person should also have leadership attributes.
The scholarship is fully paid that is no need to pay for the course fee, flights, hostel, rooms, and all other expenses. So, an individual has to just focus on his course and attain all professional goals and gain experience. The applicant has to reside the whole year in the UK so a good time to build networks(professionally and academically), Long lasting relations with the people, learn about their culture, and a lot more.
The Chevening scholarship is open in August 2022 for the year 2023 and applications will be closed in November 2022. So, make sure to check the eligibility list and application requirements to apply soon. In the Chevening Scholarship, 12000 courses are covered and the applicant can choose from 150 UK universities. In the 2023 program, 1800 scholarships were given.
What is Chevening Scholarship?
Chevening Scholarship is for those individuals who are passionate, have great ideas, can influence others to make solutions, and have leadership qualities. In this scholarship, a one-year master’s program is offered to the applicant with no expenses so that the person can focus entirely on his course and experience new things.
Who is Eligible?
There is a certain eligibility criterion that is vital for an applicant to apply for the Chevening scholarship.
- The applicant should be carrying an undergraduate degree.
- Two years(minimum) of experience is needed.
- After the completion of the Chevening scholarship, it is important for the candidate to return back to his/her country for not less than 2 years.
- The applicant must be able to fulfill the need for the English language that is set for the scholarship.
- The applicants holding British/ Dual British citizenship are not eligible for the scholarship.
- The person cannot be a relative of the Queen’s government to get the scholarship.
What are the Application Requirements?
As every scholarship has some application requirement, the same way the Chevening scholarship also has. So, let’s take a look:
- Applicants holding refugee status in eligible countries can apply for the scholarship.
- The members(staff) of the Association of Commonwealth universities cannot apply for the scholarship.
- The candidate must have an undergraduate degree to be a part of the scholarship.
- A candidate who has already studied in the UK, that is by funding from the UK Government cannot apply for the scholarship.
- An IELTS score of 6.5 bands is a must or a PTE score of 58.
Steps to apply for Chevening scholarship application
There is a mandatory procedure to register for the Chevening scholarship. The steps are given below:
- This is the official website of the foundation, open this.
- Further, the applicant has to select “Apply” it will automatically open the application form.
- Next, “choose the country or the territory” by dropping down “search”
- Now, “register yourself” as a new user of the scholarship.
- Additionally, “log in to the account” that is created. Add all the obligatory details. This is a part of the application form.
- Moving further, “select the course” that you wish to apply for and check the eligibility list of that particular course.
- Applicants cannot alter the university so check carefully and then “decide the college or the university”.
- In the last step, it is important for the candidate to read all the details once again and after that tap on the “Submit” button.
The Chevening scholarship application form is submitted, now wait for the confirmation.
There are many privileges that an applicant gets with the Chevening scholarship. Some of them are stated below:
- The applicant need not have to pay any expenses as he/she gets £18,000.
- An economy Class ticket is provided by the foundation to reach the UK.
- Arrival and departure allowance is also given to the individual.
- Visa application cost is also provided by the foundation.
- For TB tests, up to GBP 75 is provided.
- A monthly stipend is also provided so that the applicant can cover living expenses and accommodation.
How much is the Chevening scholarship worth?
The winner gets many advantages from the Chevening scholarship. The foundation pays around £18,000 to cover all the expenses. The scholarship takes care of visa expenses, traveling costs, tuition costs, and all other payments that an applicant has to pay to live in the UK.
Is the Chevening scholarship fully funded?
All the expenses of the course, flights, and all other costs are paid by the foundation. This is done so that the applicant can concentrate fully on the course and experience new things. So, the Chevening Scholarship is completely funded.
Digital marketer by profession and author by interest. He is the mind behind starting this blog. While surfing the internet, Ajay found that many people are facing problems while filling up the application forms. To overcome this, Ajay decided to start a blog so that users will get proper guidance on how to apply for any online/offline applications.