Acpbenefit.org application online: The Internet is an indispensable need these days, and every person needs a phone along with Internet connectivity provisions. However, it is not possible for all to afford a computer connection, installation charges, and recurrent monthly bills. Especially if these people belong to the low-income groups, and thus, the US government has two such programs running for people falling under these two groups.
The two different connectivity programs in the United States work towards the process of providing internet facilities to people. Internet facilities are offered to different kinds or types of low-income groups. Here is a vivid overview of the Affordable Connectivity Programme, which is broadly run for low-income groups in the United States.
What is Affordable Connectivity Program?
The Affordable Connectivity Program application is a federally run benefit program. Their benefits include a $30 discount for all households that qualify for the program. They also get a $75 discount if they are from the tribal areas of the US. On the purchase of a laptop, computer, or even a tablet, you can get a single $100 discount. This last scheme is applicable if they have a $10- $50 contribution towards the purchase being made or planned.
Every household can get one monthly discount and a single-device discount. The single-device discount is not for every month, and there is a suitable time period after which you can only apply for the device charges.
How to apply for Affordable Connectivity Program Application?
The Affordable Connectivity Program apply process can be put forth either by manually filling out the application and mailing it back or by filling it out online. You can also use a provider’s service if you want.
Those who wish to fill out the application manually, can use the following official form that is also given in www.affordableconnectivity.gov website.
You can also fill out the optional household worksheet (USAC recommended).
After filling it up, you will need to send it to the following address:
ACP Support Center,
PO Box 7081,
For the Affordable Connectivity Program online mode, using the given link here.
- Enter your date of birth and legal name in the ACP.
- State the legal document you’ll be providing to them.
- Place your house address and also state how you qualify for the acpbenefit.org program.
- On the next page, select your username and password to start with.
- Add your contact details and then your preferred language, alongwith the terms and conditions.
Once done, submit the Affordable Connectivity Program application form, and they will tell you if you qualify for the program.
Who is Eligible?
Eligibility criteria for the Affordable Connectivity Program application are based on the following points, and if only one member of the family fulfills any one of these criteria, you can be counted eligible for the program.
- Anyone who earns less than 200% of the federal poverty guidelines can be eligible for the program.
- Those families that participate in any of the government assistance programs like SNAP, Medicaid, SSI, Housing Choice Voucher, Project Based Rental Assistance, public housing, veteran pension, survivor’s benefits, Federal Housing Assistance, TANF, or Lifeline can also help the family be a part of the ACP scheme.
- Those who are part of the Tribal TANF, Food Distribution program or the provisions provided ahead by the Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, an income-based tribal head start program can benefit from the program.
- Individuals who received a Federal Pell Grant for the current year can also apply.
- If you are already on the list of low-income or COVID-19 program participants, you can similarly benefit from the program.
- Those students who receive the reduced-price school lunch program or their breakfast program will meet the USDA community eligibility conditions and can be eligible for the grant.
What are the Application Requirements?
Document requirements for the acpbenefit.org application online become mandatory only when the officer does not find legitimacy in whatever is on paper. Applicants will need to provide the following kinds of documents if there is a need.
- If you are part of a government assistance program, you will need to provide proof papers to prove that you belong to the program.
- Your income-related proofs will include your pay stubs or any other essential documents that can prove your income sources are as stated in the application.
- Identity proof can be your SSI card, driver’s license, military ID, or any other such document.
What are the income limits for Affordable Connectivity Program?
Most people with an income limit below or equal to 200% can apply for the ACP. If you have any of the income limits as given in the below table and the matching number of family members, you can surely qualify.
FAQs (Frequently Asked Questions)
Is the Affordable Connectivity Program legitimate?
The Affordable Connectivity Program is as legitimate as the other FCC initiatives. Here you can benefit from a monthly discount offer as well as a levy on the computer purchase charges.
Is Affordable Connectivity Program the same as Lifeline?
These two programs are designed to provide respite to low-income groups from the internet and phone charges. You will also get a free smartphone, an Android one under the Lifeline scheme.
They are two different programs, both managed by the Federal government. Those of you who receive a Lifeline benefit will automatically qualify for the Affordable Connectivity program. However, there are a few differences between both programs.
- Amount discounted:
ACP: $30 per month
Lifeline: $9.25 every month
- Qualifying poverty meter
ACP: 200% below the poverty line
Lifeline: 135% below the poverty line
Do you have to pay back the Affordable Connectivity Program?
No, you don’t have to pay back the discounted price to ACP that you get per month. It is not a loan or mortgage scheme, but it is a kind of offering from the government.
How long does the Affordable Connectivity Program last?
The program has been running since December 31, 2021. There is still no end date listed for the Affordable Connectivity Program application or even the program itself, which means it’s currently ongoing. You can keep applying as and when you need to.
The Affordable Connectivity Program application is one of the best ways to plan ahead if you need internet connectivity and also data plus smartphone service. Those who are in the low-income group can always apply, and the program is active in almost all the states of US. Read the essential eligibility requirements before moving ahead with the application process.
Digital marketer by profession and author by interest. He is the mind behind starting this blog. While surfing the internet, Ajay found that many people are facing problems while filling up the application forms. To overcome this, Ajay decided to start a blog so that users will get proper guidance on how to apply for any online/offline applications.