The green card lottery application and the DV lottery system both are the same and quite popular visas in the United States. In the 1996 Immigration Act, this lottery visa was introduced by the United States for all the nations that have low immigration rates. The countries should be entitled to take part. The applicant gets a chance to become a part of the lottery system in case he/she is qualified for this. There are some countries that are eligible to apply as all the countries do not get the privilege to take part in this lottery system.
There are no charges that a person has to pay to get enrolled in this lottery system. However, in case the person gets selected then the applicant has to pay an amount of $330 for every member and each of his/her dependants. Approximately 125000 people are selected as the winner. Although, only 50000-55000 green cards are chosen from all over the world.
How to Apply for the 2024 DV lottery application?
A person can apply for the 2024 DV lottery application quickly. Just scrutinize the steps:
- The first and foremost step is to visit the Electronic Diversity Visa Program page i.e https://dvprogram.state.gov/.
- Next, check the bottom of the page and tap on beginning an entry.
- Further, the authentication code is displayed on the page. The code is different for each.
- Moving ahead, there is an entrant form, add all the obligatory details.
- Now, complete the form and tap on continue.
- After adding all the information, scrutinize all the details once again
- Lastly, submit the application.
A person can see on the online portal the status of the DV lottery application.
What are the Application Requirements?
There are some application requirements that are mandatory to follow to get qualified for the 2024 DV lottery application. These are as follows:
- The person must have been born in a country that has a less immigration rate when compared to the United States.
- The candidate requires a high school graduate experience or that who is having an equivalent.
- Can also have a high school diploma.
- Proof that states the applicant has finished high school education or equivalent to that.
- A training period of two years is obligatory
- A valid and legal identity proof is required.
- A passport is required that has all the details that are vital
- A working contact number and email address are to be provided.
- The applicant has to provide proof of their education, marital status, and the count(number) of children the person is having.
- All the personal details relating to gender, country of birth, city of birth, and all other necessary information.
- A photograph is needed that must not be more than 6 months old.
Who is Eligible for DV Lottery Application?
A person needs to follow the below-mentioned list to get qualified for the DV lottery application.
- The applicant must not be a minor.
- The candidate should be born in the country that is entitled to participate.
- The individual should have enough funds to live in the US.
- An individual must have finished the education that is needed.
- A person should have an international passport or must have valid proof of having Refugee Status.
There are certain important details to get registered for the DV lottery application. The application form for the DV lottery begins on October 5, 2022. The first week of November month is the last date to fill out the applications.
When is the DV lottery 2024 registration starting?
Registration for the DV lottery 2024 is starting on October 5, 2022, that is on Wednesday.
How do I register for the DV lottery 2024?
A person can register for the DV lottery 2024 by visiting the online portal at https://dvprogram.state.gov/application. aspx.
Which countries can apply for the DV lottery 2024?
There are some countries that can apply for the DV lottery 2024.
These are Africa, Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cabo Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Congo, Democratic Republic of the Cote D’Ivoire(Ivory Coast), Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Eswatini, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, The Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome, and Principe, Senegal, Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, South Sudan, Sudan, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Zambia, Zimbabwe.