Gardiner Scholarship which is also known as Family Empowerment Scholarship is a special program for children who have special needs. Earlier the program was named the Personal Learning Scholarship Accounts and later on the program was named by Senate President Andy Gardiner from then it is famous as Gardiner Scholarship.
With this scholarship, the parents of these children get some assistance for the studies of their special kids. The first state that begin this Gardiner scholarship was Arizona and then Florida started in the year 2014. 1,491 students got the benefit of this distinctive Gardiner scholarship in the first year.
What is Gardiner Scholarship?
Gardiner Scholarship is a special benefit that is given to all those that have special needs. The program assists the parents by providing them with funds for their education. Florida became the second state after Arizona which initiated this program to provide aid to all the special children that are entitled to the Gardiner Scholarship.
Applicants who are above 3 and less than 22 can get the privilege of the Gardiner Scholarship. There are several disabilities covered in this scholarship so study all of them carefully and check if your child is entitled to this program or not. Various documents needs to be submitted along with the application of the Gardiner Scholarship.
Who is Eligible for the Gardiner Scholarship Application?
There are a few points that need to be fulfilled to qualify for the Gardiner scholarship application. Let’s see them in detail:
- This is a special scholarship for all the applicants who are residing in Florida.
- The candidate’s age should be between 3-22 years on or before September 1 of the year when the student register for the scholarship.
- The candidate should have an IEP.
- The candidate should have done a disease diagnosis by a physician.
- The physician should be licensed from whom the diagnosis is done.
- The list of all the disabilities that are covered in this program are:
- Autism Spectrum disorder
- Cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome
- Intellectual disability
- Speech impairment
- Language impairment
- Orthopedic impairment
- Other health impairment
- Emotional or a behavioral disability
- Specific learning disability
- Phelan-McDermid syndrome
- Prader-Willi syndrome
- Spina bifida
- High-risk child
- Muscular dystrophy
- Williams syndrome
- Rare diseases which affect patient populations of fewer than 200,000 individuals in the United States, as defined by the National Organization for Rare Disorders
- Hearing impaired
- Visually impaired
- Traumatic brain injured
- Hospital or homebound
- Dual sensory impaired
7. The candidate should have registered for home school program or a private school.
What are Application Requirements?
There are certain requirements that are a must for the application. Let’s have a look:
- The applicant must be residing in Florida.
- The candidate age should not be under 3 and more than 22.
- There is a list of disabilities study that carefully.
- A school registration(private) or a home school program is obligatory.
How to Apply for the Gardiner scholarship application?
The application process for the Gardiner scholarship application is simple and does not take much time. Scrutinize all the steps carefully:
- To begin with, an account needs to be set up.
- Further, all the major and supporting documents that confirm the disability, age, resident proof, and all other vital documents are submitted.
- A verification certificate that the applicant is registered in a private school is also attached.
- Once the application is finished and submitted, the application is reviewed.
- An email is received by the parents of the qualified candidates, after a background check and previous scholarship is checked.
If a person follow all the steps correctly, Gardiner scholarship application can be completed quickly.
There are some advantages that come along with the Gardiner scholarship application.
- The applicant gets the funds for the study.
- The application is easy and uncomplicated.
- Tuitions fees are covered in the Gardiner scholarship.
- Many major disabilities are covered in this scholarship.
Does the Gardiner scholarship pay for college?
The Gardiner scholarship contributes to the savings plan of the college. The conditions and the right are exactly similar to the scholarship funds.
Is Gardiner scholarship income based?
There are many aspects on which the Gardiner scholarship is based that is age, grade of the applicant, residence, and disability. However, income is not one of them on whom the scholarship is based.
Digital marketer by profession and author by interest. He is the mind behind starting this blog. While surfing the internet, Ajay found that many people are facing problems while filling up the application forms. To overcome this, Ajay decided to start a blog so that users will get proper guidance on how to apply for any online/offline applications.